Saluki S3101 is a new Cable and Antenna Analyzer that boosts your troubleshooting and testing speed while optimizing usability. Utilizing the latest advancements in technology, the S3101 has been optimized for field conditions, ease of use, and efficient sweep management capabilities.
Before measurement, S3101 cable and antenna analyzer shall be calibrated. Calibration can minimize the measurement error and improve the measurement accuracy of the tester. S3101 provides two calibration method: mechanical calibration and embedded calibration. In this section, we mainly show the mechanical calibration operation. When use mechanical calibration, a N type calibration kit is required.
The process is as follows:
1) Press [Cal] key, click [Cal Kit] menu to select the calibration kit model and then click Enter.
2) Click [M Cal], and the calibration wizard will prompt saying “Please connect [OPEN], and start calibrating by pressing corresponding soft key!”.
3) Connect the open standard to the calibration port, press [Open] key and then the prompt massage saying “[OPEN] Measuring…” as shown in Fig.2.
After completing open circuit measurement, the [Open] button on the right side of the menu bar is underlined as [Open], and the prompt massage saying “Please connect [SHORT], and start calibrating by pressing corresponding soft key!” as shown in Fig.3.
4) Disconnect the open standard with the calibration port, connect the short standard, and press [Short] button, then the screen will prompt “[SHORT] Measuring…”. After completing short standard measurement, the [Short] button on the right side of the menu bar is underlined as [Short], and the prompt massage saying “Please connect [LOAD], and start calibrating by pressing corresponding soft key”.
5) Disconnect the short standard with the calibration port, connect the load, and press [Load] key, then the screen will prompt “[LOAD] Measuring…”. After completing the load measurement, the [Load] item on the right side of the menu bar is underlined as [Load], and the prompt massage saying “Please Press “Done” soft key to finish the calibration” is popped up on the display screen as shown in Fig.4. Then press the [Done] key to complete the calibration.
6) After completing calibration, the top of information display area and the top of menu bar on the left side show “Calibrate ON”. As shown in Fig.5. Connect the load with the port, observe the curve displayed in the screen, which indicates a proper calibration if the curve value is under 42dB (return loss measurement format) and instructions for proper calibration. After disconnecting the load with the port, connect DUT for measurement.